I am a day late on posting this, but we celebrated in style yesterday. We had dinner over at CC and Grand dude Bobby's. Nana, Grandpa Bo, Sasha, and Ben all were over. I had everyone tell me their favorite thing about Bubbie at 7 months. So I will post them for you here.
1. Mommy says, "I love that he loves to dance. This month he has started wiggling with me. Even when he is laying on the floor. If I just dance and sing he cracks up. I love this. "
2. Daddy says, " Da da da." Enough Said? That's right Jackson said his first words and he said "Da da". He calls for B when he walks out of the room and just mumbles it all day long. It is so sweet.
3. CC says, " I love that he is so calm." This is true. Everyone says we will pay for this with our next one but Jackson is a chill baby. He is so relaxed and go with the flow. For this I am forever thankful. I have heard horror stories.
4. Grand dude Bobby says, "His Hair is coming in." Jackson was the first child born on my Italian side with NO HAIR! So much to our joy, it is finally coming in, dark and thick. Since J was little dad would brush his "bangs" and say "let me get that hair out of your face boy" Jackson has always loved this and will even roll his eyes back in joy. It is so cute.
5. Aunt Sasha and Ben say, " Rolling Over" That's right! My baby finally rolled over. His Aunt Sasha was talking to him and he rolled over to see her better. We all started clapping and getting excited, he just smiled. I am still not sure he gets what he did, but we are excited it has happened. Now only to catch it on the flip...
6. Nana says, "Raspberry's!" He loves blowing and sputtering these out. It is really cute when he gets going. His favorite new time do this is when I am feeding him. It is so messy, but he gets so tickled I let him do it. I'm sure at some point i'll pay for that.
7. Grandpa Bo says, " How he stares at you when you hold him." This is so true and so sweet. In between the raspberry's and the Da da da's. He will just pause and study you. It is so sweet and such a special moment. It is usually followed by sleepy eye's.
So there you have it. My sweet boy is 7 months. He is our JOY, LIGHT, and LOVE.
I have failed horribly this year at being the blogging momma diva I had hoped. So here is a catch up blog and I am giving my word to be better. I have been checking in on other blogs and am inspired once again to blog away.
Teething Boy and the best chew toy ever.
We have been just doing so much at home. Jackson's 6m appointment went wonderfully. Dr Mathews said he looked great. Was "clever with his hands" he was trying to move her while she listened to his heart. She also might have mentioned he was a little lazy because he was not sitting up , rolling, or crawling frequently or at all. I just had to giggle. I mean his momma didn't walk until she was 26m and contrary to what the Wii fit will tell you. I do not trip often when I walk. He is such a joy.
Sissy thought this was so funny.
We are excited about the inauguration tomorrow. This is an excited time for our country. I wish everyone would hush up about "the direness our country is entering" with Obama taking office. This momma says "Take a spoon full of sugar and chin up. You people have more faith that your pizza will be delivered in 30 min. Than you do in a man that God appointed to be in this position. Now either you really love Dominoes or you need to re-adjust your prospective and well... have a little faith. You will be .o.k. I'm kinda tired of my fellow Republican Christians acting like this is the end of times. Can you tell?" O.k Vent Over. Back to Swooning over my gorgeous child. I mean look at these eyes.
I took this from Nanny Pam's Blog and love the idea. So here we go. I decided that I would not do the traditional New Years resolutions like we all usually do because come the second week in January that piece of chocolate looks way better than getting off the couch and working out. This year I am making a list of what I will NOT do in 2009.
1. Forget to be thankful, I am too blessed.
2. Hold on to grudges from last year.
3. Say I am going to do something and not follow through.
4. Let other peoples opinions get to me. (If it won't matter in two years let it go)
5. Wear "workout wear" more than I do real cloths.
6. Get caught up in the calendar and miss out on something fun.
7. Go one month without having at least one date with my Hot Hubby.
8. Go one day without telling him I love him.
9. Gossip and get caught up in the drama as much. ( I would say at all, but I'd be setting my self up to fail a NOT resolution, that would be pretty bad)
10. Run around so much. I want to enjoy right now.
Ok, so what are your NOT resolutions... Myra, Karen, Ashley, Lori, Donna.
I am tagging you guys. Can't wait to read your NR's
Happy 2009. It may take me a second to get use to writing that, but we are looking forward to the New Year. We had a wonderful New Years Party over at mom and dad's. We had lots of goodies, fire works and great company. It was a blast. Here are some photo's of the night.
Our 2009 Baby
mommy and her sleepy man.
Stephanie's glass. Our favorite Hooka.
T and Mom
Bowling on the Wii
Stephanie getting a strike.
The pictures kinda stop there because unfortunately Stephanie and Christians home got broken into last night and they left with mom to go see what happened. It was a long night and today was a day of cleaning but we are so glad it wasn't worse, and they were not home when this happened. Keep them in your prayers as now they deal with the insurance and police and get all of this behind them.